Hand Sanitizer: Why its' harmful & how Marula Oil can help
Why Commercial Sanitizer’s are Harmful for your Skin:
The World Health Organization has made it an industry standard to have no less than 70% alcohol in commercial sanitizers. That’s what makes the product so effective at killing germs and bacteria. On the downside however, the 70 % alcohol content dries out the skin, causing an array of other issues.
Naturally, no one likes germs. With the new safety and hygiene regulations around the world, sanitizing and washing hands has become the new norm – from grocery shopping to visiting the clinic to getting in at out your car. What you don’t realize is that overtime the hand sanitizer is causing accelerated ageing, extreme dry skin and making your skin significantly more prone to contact dermatitis.
Alcohol isn’t the only harmful ingredient in sanitizers either. If you are using any commercial sanitizer you are likely being exposed to Triclosan, Parabens and Synthetic Fragrances. Sure, you’re wondering what’s so bad about synthetic fragrances? Truth is, fragrances are considered proprietary, meaning companies don’t have to tell you what’s in them. Some synthetic fragrance mixes have been associated with allergies, dermatitis and respiratory distress. Moreover, Parabens are added to most personal care products that contain water to prevent microbe growth, however, these chemicals have been linked to endocrine disruption, immunotoxicity, neurotoxicity, skin irritation and even cancer!
If you’re working in a corporate environment, it’s almost impossible to get away from the commercial sanitizers. On the other hand, if you’re working from home you have a benefit! There are many DIY non-alcohol based sanitizers that are affordable to make.
But what to do about your dry hands?
Fortunately, Virgin Marula Oil is an excellent product for combating dry skin and even treating skin conditions such as dermatitis and eczema! What makes it so great? Mozaic Marula Oil is 100% Pure and is extremely rich in antioxidants, Vitamin E & C. These highly effective properties will boost the skin’s natural ability to regenerate and repair itself, as well as, strengthen the skin’s ability to produce collagen - ultimately reducing fine lines and wrinkles and restoring suppleness and hydration to your skin! A great benefit is that Marula Oil also contains anti-inflammatory properties making it a soothing remedy for dry and chapped skin as well as, rashes.
Other Great Benefits of Marula Oil
- Marula oil is also highly absorbent and the combination of monounsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin C significantly reduce the appearance of pigmentation patches and scars.
- Due to the beneficial nutrients that help retain the skin’s elasticity and suppleness, It is very effective when it comes to preventing the appearance of stretch marks caused by pregnancy or rapid growth.
- Marula Oil contains powerful nutrients, antioxidants, fatty acids and minerals, which play a vital role in keeping the scalp healthy, boosting hair growth and giving your hair that extra shine.
- Marula Oil has a high content of linoleic acid that is an omega-6 essential fatty acid as well as omega oleic acid. It is not only highly effective in treating dry skin, but also in preventing and healing a variety of skin disorders, including psoriasis and eczema.
- Essential nutrients and minerals contained in Marula Oil make for an effective cuticle oil that will strengthen and hydrate your nails and nail beds.