Skin Hydration | The Why, How and Benefits of it
No two people and skin types are the same, nor have the same treatment requirement, but there is a general rule that can be followed to enjoy the benefits of hydrated skin. In this blog post, we discuss the reason why it is important to keep your skin hydrated, the benefits of maintaining what you start and our recommended skin care tips which have been tried, experienced and loved!
Remember that you are wonderfully and uniquely made, no matter how you decide to take care of your skin.
Have you ever noticed your skin becoming itchy or dry after a long time of not drinking enough water or spending a long time in the sun? The same after taking a super-hot bath – although it is sometimes so welcoming to soak in the heat. Did you notice that some patches of your skin are more irritable and those fine lines and wrinkles are appearing quicker than you hoped?
You are not alone! It is all normal effects of dehydrated skin and all the more reason to do your best to try following a naturally healthy skin care routine.
Using 100% natural marula oil as a daily skin moisturiser offers you the opportunity to enjoy soft and smooth skin and have a topical treatment handy when another condition occurs. Hydrated skin will also have the natural ability to function at its best. Our recommendation is to rather start applying our marula oil daily before a condition occurs than having to treat the effects of dehydrated skin.
- Think radiant, plump, healthy and younger-looking skin.
- Improved skin elasticity | this also contributes to preventing and treating stretch marks and a natural ability for skin to heal after being scarred.
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps combat oily skin | you wouldn’t think it, right…but it is true! Keeping your skin hydrated can help prevent it from overproducing oil.
- Resilience against environmental irritants | when your skin receives the correct amount of hydration to function at its best, it is possible for the skin to fight against environmental factors and flush toxins.
The effects of dehydrated skin can be prevented and treated by making a few adjustments to your lifestyle. Below we give really easy skin care tips that you can follow to help prevent or treat the effects of dehydrated skin.
- Drink enough water during the day. Yes, although you will drink and not apply it to your skin, it will boost your skin’s moisture from the inside out. Experts say that eight glasses of water or two litres per day should provide your entire body with enough water.
- Wash your skin with one of our handmade soap bars made with our 100% natural marula oil and coconut oil mixed with respective natural ingredients such as activated charcoal, moringa oleifera, honey and marula butter.
Apply our 100% natural marula oil daily:
- After taking a warm (not hot!) bath or shower, apply our 100% natural marula oil from head to toe. The skin will have softened and your pores opened from the warm water, making it more receptive to soak in the goodness of marula oil. Remember: no two skin types are the same; no two skin types have the same oil requirement. A few drops do however go a long way because marula oil rapidly satisfies the skin.
- After washing your face with warm (not hot!) water, you can also decide to rather apply our MOZaic Marula Oil Moringa Elixir Serum. This product is potent with a rich nourishment of marula oil combined with the nourishment of Moringa Oleifera.
- Because you would have already applied marula oil to your skin in the morning before going out to play in the sun or wind, just make sure to apply it again on clean skin after taking a bath at the end of the day.
- Add a few drops of our marula oil to your daily shampoo. The skin underneath your hair will also enjoy the nourishment.
You will be amazed at the difference you experience when you follow these tips!