The Natural Treatment for C-Section Scars
Virgin marula oil is the most excellent natural topical treatment for pre, during and post pregnancy skin care. The rich vitamin and mineral content present in virgin marula oil assist with promoting new cell growth, collagen production and the skin’s elasticity to help repair and reduce marks and scars. MOZaic Marula Oil is just that – 100% natural marula oil, nothing else!
Having a caesarean section (c-section) delivery, commonly means that a scar is left that sometimes do not fade away entirely. Although we know that no two bodies are the same and genes also play a big role in how the body heals, the following make MOZaic Marula Oil the perfect remedy to help repair and reduce the appearance of scars, naturally:
- Vitamin E: supports cell regeneration and collagen production which increase the skin’s elasticity and suppleness. It is high in antioxidants that also help reduce inflammation and the moisturising properties prevent lines and wrinkles and offers temporary relief from itching skin.
- Fatty acids have emollient and moisturising benefits, which replenish the moisture level and enhance the softness and radiance of the skin.
How to Apply
For best results, it is recommended to apply MOZaic Marula Oil a minimum of three months. Using it as a treatment to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, already gives the opportunity to apply it to the area where the incision can be expected. Directly after delivering your baby and once the plaster has been removed, start applying MOZaic Marula Oil to the c-section scar.
- Apply 2 to 3 times daily.
- The amount of oil will depend on your skin type. Squirt some in your hand and after gently massaging it on the scar, you will see if more oil is needed. (The skin is easily satisfied as it rapidly absorbs the light textured virgin marula oil)
- MOZaic Marula Oil can also be applied as a moisturiser for the face, hands and the rest of your body.
Your skin undergoes many stresses during pregnancy, with childbirth and still works hard long after delivery. Give your skin the right nourishment to heal naturally – you deserve only the best!
Click here for more about how virgin marula oil help prevent and treat unwanted skin conditions. We also recommend looking at what Sister Lilian Centre has to say about pigmentation pointers and stretch mark solutions.