Information Page | Marula Oil for Stretch Marks
MOZaic Marula Oil is safe to apply before, during all trimesters and after pregnancy.
- Fatty acids have emollient and moisturising benefits, which replenish the moisture level and enhance the softness and radiance of the skin to help prevent stretch marks;
- Vitamin E supports cell regeneration and collagen production, increasing skin's elasticity and suppleness;
- Non-greasy, easily penetrates the skin and absorbs quickly;
- Regulates the skin's natural moisture level and does not clog pores (non-comedogenic);
- Helps protect and repair damaged skin and fades scarring and redness;
- Vitamin C (eight times the amount found in oranges), reduces sun damage and supports collagen production;
- Antioxidants fight free radicals in the skin cells that contributes to ageing and dullness.
Marula oil for stretch marks
Marula oil is a topical treatment that is rich in Vitamins C, E, amino and fatty acids. The antioxidants, minerals and vitamins present in the oil assist with promoting new cell growth. Marula oil is an excellent option for pre and post pregnancy care as it promotes the skin's elasticity, helping repair and reduce marks and scars.
Cesarean Section Scars
Cesarean sections are known to leave scars that sometimes don't fade away entirely. Virgin marula oil is especially effective at reducing the appearance of cesarean section scarring. The rich Vitamin E and mineral content promotes new cell growth ultimately repairing and reducing the appearance of scars and healing the skin.
Benefits for pregnant & breastfeeding women
This 100% natural marula oil helps keep chapped nipples moist while simultaneously hydrating and soothing the skin. Marula oil also clears and loosens blebs (the white milk blisters that form on the tips of the nipple, which plug the ducts).
How to Apply
- Know your skin type! Not all skin types require the same amount of marula oil.
- The skin will be more receptive to the oil after you have taken a bath or shower. The skin will be warm and pores will have opened.
- Squirt oil in hands and gently massage onto the relevant area. The amount of oil will depend on the area and your skin type. Apply two to three times daily. For best result, apply marula oil for a minimum of three months.
- Apply marula oil to areas that are prone to stretch marks such as the abdomen, thighs, hips, buttocks, legs, lower back and breasts. Also apply to already visible stretch marks and c-section scar.
- Remember that marula oil can also be applied to your skin topically, from head to toe. Marula oil is an amazing skin moisturiser. Click here for more information about general application.